Followers

Editing Services

Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Finding your reason



Have you ever heard the expression--This is my 'why'? What does that mean? It's something that has helped push me through the moments I don't want to continue, the times where I've gotten lost in the slush of naysayers on the internet, or the pile of statistics riddled against me.

Your why is the reason you strive to be better--in whatever you're trying to do. I feel blessed to know many lovely people with the entrepreneurial spirit. They range in their talents: fitness, consulting, writing, teaching, coaching etc. And each one of these people has a 'why'.

The same should go for authors and writers. If you're trying to get something published, whether it be traditional or self-published, you have to have something pulling you through to the end. I promise you there will be days where you will stare at your computer and be disgusted by the words on the screen. You will view yourself as an utter failure, you will see stats saying the odds of making any money on books is a minuscule percentage. What's going to pull you over those hills? How are you going to push through?

Want to know why those percentages are so low? Because people quit too early. There I said it, hang me for it, but that's how I feel. I believe too many folks give up too early, and let the little squeaks of negativity infiltrate their dream and poison it. Was that dramatic enough for you?

As I've said before, I don't know what is going to become of my books, honestly I don't know if anyone even likes reading this blog, it's fairly new, but I'm not going to quit. I have my why. It's my littles that I love. I want to show them that they too can reach for their dreams. I don't care if your dream is to be the greatest chocolate chip cookie maker on your block. If that's your dream go for it. Mine happens to be making writing my full-time income, and my kiddos are what push me to keep going. You may think its cheesy, but that's what does it for me.

No matter what you're striving for, find your why and hold tight to it. Plaster it on poster board and hang it on every wall in your house if you have to, but do it. If you don't do it, somebody else will!

Hang in there! I'd love to hear your why, and what your goals are too!

Happy Writing, Happy Why-ing!

No comments:

Post a Comment