Followers

Editing Services

Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Write your own dream



Have you ever had a dream?

I mean something that you really HAD to do? That was how The Lost Relics began with me.

I'm so grateful to have readers, like you who have downloaded Rise of a Guardian. I hope you are finding it enjoyable.

I remember the day I decided to write a book. It had been something I'd always wanted to do, but kept using the curse word "someday". Do you ever find yourself doing that? Well, I remember sitting down in my big overstuffed brown recliner and I began writing my bestseller. It was about the Fountain of Youth. And guess what happened...nothing. I couldn't even write the first chapter, because it wasn't the right story.

I learned something after I'd spent about a month trying to force myself to write a story that just wasn't there. Sometimes you have to approach your dreams from a different direction, but you NEVER quit.

I was driving home one day from work, I was tired, discouraged and desperate to fulfill my goal. Then an image came to my mind. It was a person, a woman. She had silver eyes. Almost immediately a story began to form in my mind. A story about long forgotten realms, each with a different race of human. Each race had special talents that make up different characteristics of our minds--each using a different area of the brain.

The Lost Relics was born. Did I write it in a month--2--3--a year? No, the story took 3 1/2 years to smooth out and develop. I can't tell you how many drafts I went through, and how many beta readers saying it wasn't there yet.

The point is, what is your dream? What are you willing to do to achieve it? Would you work at it for 3 1/2 years? Five? A decade?

I hope so, because you never know what will become of it or how it will shape your life. I promise from experience fulfilling a goal you've always dreamed of is the most rewarding experience and journey, that's how I feel anyway.

People like you are making mine come true, you're like a dream master! So just some food for thought; even if writing a book isn't on your to-do list, I challenge you to stop swearing with the word "someday" and start working toward that thing, that golden nugget, you've always wanted!

I can't wait to hear about it! What is something you've always wanted to do? I love hearing the amazing things people set out do to. It just takes getting started!

All the Best,

LJ Andrews

No comments:

Post a Comment